Enjoy a dentist who continues to commit to outstanding training to give your family excellent care.
Dr. Chester Hsu, DDS graduated from:
- The University of California at Irvine with a degree in Biological Sciences.
- The University of Southern California School of Dentistry where he received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree.
Dr. Hsu, wife Teresa, Kinsey, and Sienna
Dr. Hsu's Passion
Since graduation, Dr. Hsu (pronounced "shoe") has been dedicated to providing quality general dentistry to children and teens, like yours, throughout the Sacramento area. After discovering and falling in love with Placer County, Dr. Hsu and his wife Teresa moved to Auburn.
Seeing a need for quality children's dental care in the region, Dr. Hsu opened Silver Star Dental in Lincoln and limited the practice to the dental care of infants, children and adolescents. His warm, caring approach has turned many dental phobic children into eager patients who look forward to their dental visits.
As the standard of care in pediatric dentistry and dentistry in general continually evolves, Dr. Hsu has made it his mission (and that of his team) to keep up with the latest proven dental techniques and practices, providing the best dental care possible for your child. Exciting new technologies and cutting edge research has brought preventive dentistry beyond brushing, flossing, and fluoride. Learn all about it at our office!
Dr. Hsu currently serves as the Vice Chair of the Dental Health Committee in the Sacramento District Dental Society. This committee is responsible for providing professional education to the members of the Society as well as providing dental services and distributing educational materials in the community of Sacramento. Dr. Hsu helped establish the 1st Tooth/1st Birthday Campaign and now serves as one of four select dentists on the task force. The 1st Tooth/1st Birthday dental task force partners with physicians to spread the message of the importance of early childhood dental visits.
Additionally, Dr. Hsu is on the Planning Committee and a volunteer for the Remote Area Medical Volunteer Corps, whose mission is to provide free health care to people in remote areas of the U.S. and the world. Everyone, from pilots to doctors to support workers, volunteers their time and resources to serve individuals that otherwise would not receive the care they need.
Continued education is key to continued excellence for you. That's why Dr. Hsu has completed extensive hours of continuing education in all aspects of pediatric dental care, sedation and hospital dentistry, child behavior and cognitive development, child growth and development and the latest in preventive dentistry.
Dr. Hsu is a member in good standing with:
- The American Dental Association
- The California Dental Association
- The Sacramento District Dental Society (Dr. Hsu's office is a yearly host to the SDDS's “Smiles For Kids” free dental day program for uninsured children)
- The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (affiliate)
- California Society of Pediatric Dentistry (affiliate)
- The World Congress of Minimally Invasive Dentistry (an elite group of dentists paving the way to a new and higher standard of care in dentistry)
- The Academy of Laser Dentistry
- The World Clinical Laser Institute
- International Association for Dental Traumatology (IADT)
- Dental Health Committee (Sacramento District Dental Society)
Dr. Hsu's certifications and training:
- Mini-Residency In Pediatric Dental Care (University of Florida)
- Pediatric Oral Conscious Sedation
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- CAMBRA (Caries Management By Risk Assessment)*
- Associate Fellowship Laser Certification
- Orthodontic Success Program (Interceptive Orthodontics)
- Pediatric Oral Health Access Program (POHAP)
*CAMBRA: Caries Management By Risk Assessment
Caries (decay) is a disease and can be contagious within families. Caries Management by Risk Assessment requires diagnosis and treatment of the causes of your child's cavities in addition to treating just the symptoms. Let us correct the underlying problem and show you how to eliminate or reduce your child's risk of future cavities. Dr. Hsu is a CAMBRA certified provider.